Saturday, April 17, 2010

Non-Depressing, Non-Cancer Related Family News

The good stuff is coming first...
Kendell is, as we speak, somewhere near or in Rome, Italy for her spring vacation.  She will have touched down about an hour ago and is now basking in the central Italian mostly cloudy 50 degree Fahrenheit weather of what I can only imagine is one of the most glorious and interesting places on earth.  I can't wait to hear all about her trip.  I asked her to keep a diary so she can share with me her thoughts on the food, the culture, and the restaurants, the decor, the sights and smells, you name it... everything.

Carson is doing very well in her ballet class.  The Giselle performance is coming up in May and Carson was just moved up from an understudy to a part in the first act.  It's a big part, all pointe work, and she'll be on stage for just about the whole first act.  Fantastic work Carson!

I'm happy that the girls are getting to lead as normal a life as possible while I go through this third battle.  It is very important to me that they do not get too caught up in this.  They have lives to live and I want them to live them the best they can and enjoy their lives the best they can.  They will never get this time back and I don't want them to just be saddled with memories of dad and his cancer.  Life is too short to dwell on the bad stuff.  There is too much good stuff to see, do, taste, smell, and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment